There are many scenarios which may be considered as giving rise to sexual humiliation. Some scenarios may be based on verbal abuse and others on physical aspects.
Verbal aspects might include:
* Reduction to Human animal roleplay or human pet, referring to these individuals as pet, dog, woman, bitch, or making them eat and drink from pet food and water bowls.
* Verbal belittlement, such as "slave", "boy", "woman", "missy", "pet".
* Insults and verbal abuse, such as "plump", "ugly", "stupid", "worthless".
* Degrading references, such as "slut", "tart", "bitch" and "whore".
* Slighting of body parts or behaviors, such as disparaging or evil references to knockers, facial appearance, genitalia or genital size, ass, and slighting of mannerisms such as walking, responsiveness, standard of self-care.
* Having to ask permission for everyday activities such as going to the toilet, spending money or eating.
* Small tits abjection, where scorn is addressed over the supposed inadequacy of the adult female's jugs, or her inability to please a lover, and her jugs become objects of derision.
* Tiny penis degradation, where scorn is addressed over the supposed inadequacy of the adult male's genitals, or his inability to please a lover, and his penis becomes an object of derision.
* Forced repetition, such as being obliged to repeat back commands to confirm them.
* Forced flattery, such as agreeing that every decision that the dominant makes is wise, correct, and justifiable, while additionally praising the dominant's physical and personality traits.
* Mockery, derision and ridicule.
* Being scolded like a child.
Physical and tangible aspects might include:
* Ejaculating, farting, defecating, spitting, slapping or urinating on the bottom's body, especially the face.
* Performance of menial tasks or brutal workload, such as cleaning the floors with a toothbrush.
* Frequent performance of passive-aggressive sexual services for the dominant, such as delicious massage, cunnilingus, analingus, or fellatio, without expectations of reciprocal acts or intercourse.
* Detailed accountability and control (micro-management) as to time spent or activities done, including list of jobs to do, precise directions as to how the housework is to be performed, and exactly how to act and behave.
* Specific rituals and affectations to be adopted. This includes displays of subservience, such as lighting cigarettes, walking a pace derriere the dominant, only speaking when spoken to, kneeling or prostrating in front of the dominant when expecting orders, eating only after others or on the floor, low status place to sleep, and a wide variety of body worship activities such as kissing and/or licking the dominant's feet, boots, keister, anus, vulva etc. to express acknowledgment, subservience, shame, or even positive emotions such as happiness or excitement.
* Suppressed freedom of movement. This may include never being able to leave the cellar in which the dominant is present without permission, and may be forbidden to leave the house or 'dungeon' in general for the duration of 247slave or servitude.
* Detailed punishments for a variety of 'infractions' or misbehavior, such as having to stand in a corner facing a wall for several hours, thrashing or flogging, reduced rations, or forced exercise.
* Roleplaying "lower status" beings, such as animals (for example dog or horse) or babies/children (see human animal roleplay, pup-play and adult baby play).
* Lashing, whipping, restraint or other Bdsm activities such as cock and ball torture (CBT).
* Prohibitions or restrictions on clothing, even in public. For females a common example is being mandated to only wear revealing bikinis or lingerie. For dudes, a particularly powerful sense of abasement may be achieved through forced feminizing or cross-dressing. Both sexes may be expected to go completely nude, with decorative objects such as collars, bands, tiaras, or cuffs being the only exceptions.
* Use of chastity belts or other means of pretty sexual denial.
* Wearing of external signs of "ownership", such as a collar.
* Having friends, family or strangers aware of or witnessing one's treatment (i.e., public mortification).
* Delicious objectification, where the keister is cast in the role of an object, such as a footstool.
* Male forced anal penetration.
* Cuckoldry, taking on a third party lover to humiliate the buns as an expression of the relationship between the top and the bottom.
* Having to ask permission to orgasm during sex or masturbation.
* Forced to wear a gag and/or restraints on the body.
* Financial domination, where usually a pain slave (or money slave) will give gifts and money to a dominant. The relation may often be accompanied by other practices of Sm, but there may be virtually no further intimacy between the individuals.
* Forced masturbation in an humiliating manner.
* Feelings of abasement are key to many of those engaged in klismaphilia.
Some sexual mortification involves inflicting anguish, but much of it is far more concerned with ridicule, mocking, degradation and embarrassment.
Sexual roleplaying may or may not involve humiliation. For example, one person might play the part of a dog because they enjoy being mock-forced into it, and the top will emphasize the lowness of the ass's status as an animal, whereas another person might play the role of the dog without any element of mortification, simply as an expression of their inner animal or playful spirit.